This DIY Project was created for
“How to Build a She Shed” sponsored by
KILZ®COMPLETE COAT™ PAINT.
You can find that post here:
Supplies You Will Need for This Project:
- Large Door Mat
- 50′-75′ of 1/2″ Cotton Rope
- Permanent, water-proof glue
- Jelly Roll Cookie Sheet
- Optional – KILZ COMPLETE COAT PAINT in Rebel #RM260
Step by Step Instructions:
For the Rope Door Mat
- Cut the door mat down to desired size. I wanted mine small so I cut mine in half.
- Cut the 1/2″ cotton rope into strips a little longer than the width of the door mat.
- Apply the permanent, water-proof glue all over the top of the mat.
- Lay the ropes across it as close together as possible.
- Allow to dry.
- Fray the edges of the rope.
For the Boot Drip:
- Cut the door mat down to desired size. Fit it inside the Jelly Roll Cookie Sheet.
- Remove the mat from the cookie sheet and paint it with KILZ COMPLETE COAT PAINT in Rebel #RM260 if desired.
- Apply the permanent, water-proof glue all over the inside of the cookie sheet.
- Place the mat inside and allow to dry thoroughly.
You can find most of the supplies for this project here: