If you haven’t made them before, you take graham crackers, clue them together with decorator frosting, & decorate them like gingerbread houses (gingerbread post here) (& here) with as much candy & frosting as your heart desires (or until the collapse from the yummy sugar weight).
Hint: It works great to put the frosting in a zip-lock bag and cut one corner off to squeeze the frosting out of to control the frosting placement…
- 1 c. Crisco
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. (4 c.) sifted powder sugar
- 3 Tbsp. water (or enough to create the correct consistency)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- In a large bowl or kitchen aid, cream together the Crisco and the salt. Add 2 c. of the powdered sugar gradually. Then add the water, vanilla, & almond extract. Add the remaining powdered sugar gradually. Beat just until blended.
- * If to thick, add more water.
- *Do not beat to hard or for to long, it creates air-bubbles.
Happy Holidays Sweet Friends!