My favorite Mac & Cheese is a recipe I found in my favorite Betty Crocker book years ago.
I love it because it is easy & tastes great.
It uses Worcestershire sauce & dry, ground mustard which gives it a yummy flavor.
- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 c. margarine or butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dry ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded or cubed Colby mix or cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- While the macaroni is cooking, melt the margarine in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the flour,salt,pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in cheese.
- Cook, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Drain the macaroni.
- Pour the noodles into an ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the noodles.
- Gently stir until blended.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
I hope you love it as much as I do.