*This post was sponsored by Zaycon Fresh® but all opinions expressed are my own.
One of my very favorite things to eat are P.F. Chang’s® Lettuce Wraps.
I love them so much, I decided to come up with a recipe that I could make at home.
I decided to use ground turkey because we have been trying to eat healthier and I recently picked up a fresh case from Zaycon Fresh®. The turkey was so fresh, I was pleasantly surprised.
They were super easy and they turned out better than I expected. Soooo yummy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil and ground turkey in a saucepan over medium high heat. Cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Crumble the turkey as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon several tablespoons of the turkey mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and eat it taco-style.
- If you would like to add an extra oomph, combine soy sauce and Sriracha in a bowl and drip it over the top of the turkey mixture.