This project was designed for the Beauty and the Beast Tea Party. You can find that here.
- 20 Cake pop sticks
- Deep, narrow cup
- 1 Yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp. Pre-made frosting
- 1 Bag white candy melts
- 1 1/2 tsp, Shortening
- Bake the cake according to package directions and let it cool.
- Cut the cake into 4 sections and peel off the dry, outer layer.
- Crumble the cake in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the frosting and mix completely until it sticks together.
- Form the mixture into balls. flatten them on the bottom and point the bottoms out the side.
- Place 1/4 of the candy melts in a small bowl.
- Heat them in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted.
- Dip the tip of each cake pop stick into the melted chocolate, then into a cake pop.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and cool them in the freezer for 20 min.
- Melt the remaining chocolate at 30 sec. increments.
- Once melted, add 1 1/2 tsp Crisco shortening and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Pour the melted candy into a tall narrow cup.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Dip the pops into the cup. Completely cover in chocolate. Tap your wrist lightly to drip off excess.
- Place the cake pops on the parchment paper. Allow to harden.
- Add wings and bows.
- Do not swirl the cake pops out of the chocolate. Tap your wrist so that the coating stays smooth.
- Store at room temperature. The fridge is too cool and will make them sweat.
Download the wings and cut them out by hand or by using your craft cutting machine and these instructions.
Stick them on cake pop sticks and tie a bow on each stick above them.
Serve the cake pops on a girlie, white tray like this one.