This Recipe was mentioned in the Fall Into Chili and VitaMix® Bread post.
My Favorite Chili
This is the best chili recipe ever! It's the perfect amount of spicy and hearty.
Write a review
- 1 lb. country sausage
- 2 (16 oz.) chili beans
- 1 lb. med. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 med. green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes chopped, halved, and drained
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. water
- Saute sausage, ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic in a heavy saucepan until browned.
- Stir to crumble sausage.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Break tomatoes with the back of the wooden spoon.
- Cover and simmer 1 -1 1/2 hrs.
- Additional water may be needed.
- You can cook this all day in a crock-pot. Add all of the ingredients to the crock-pot after you saute the meat mixture. Keep the crock-pot on low.
Snippets of Design http://snippetsofdesign.com/