Write a review
- 1 to 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 3 dashes bitters, Angostura is great and readily available
- 2 ounces mid-range bourbon or rye whiskey
- Cranberries, a 2-inch piece of orange peel, or 1 to 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Place simple syrup, bitters and the whiskey in an Old Fashioned glass, stir well.
- Add 1 to 2 large ice cubes or an ice ball.
- Stir 2 to 3 times to chill then garnish with cranberries on a cocktail stick, a peel of an orange, or a cherry.
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved in to the water. Cool before using. Store covered in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
Snippets of Design http://snippetsofdesign.com/