- 1/4 c. margarine or butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tap. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard (dry)
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 c. milk
- 2 c. shredded or cubed sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- Melt margarine in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Pour into a fondue pot bowl & keep warm.