Do you love those candy-coated nuts that remind you of Autumn?
I’m completely addicted.
Let me show you how easy they are to make yourself.
You can make this recipe using pecans, walnuts, or almonds.
I purchase my nuts from Nut.com® they are so convenient and their snacks always taste great.
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 pound pecan pieces ( can substitute with almonds or walnuts)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, whip together the egg white and water to blend.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar,salt, and cinnamon.
- Add your desired nuts to the egg white mixture and toss to coat.
- Remove the nuts and add them in the sugar mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the nuts out in a single layer on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hr. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Tip: Try this with different kinds of nuts. They all taste delightfully different.
- These work great for Christmas neighbor gifts.
Happy DIYing friends!