My sweet little Sister-in-law is having a baby and I had the privilege of throwing her a baby shower.
We had the best time…
The theme of the shower was “The ride of a lifetime.”
We had hot air balloon centerpieces,
floral napkins tied with lace,
fruit parfaits served in glass punch tea cups,
- 1 Pint Honey Sweetened Greek Yogurt
- 1 Bag Granola - I used one with chocolate pieces -
- Fresh Fruit of Your Choosing - I used blueberries -
- Layer the ingredients in punch cups, bowls, or parfait glasses.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the yogurt into each container.
- Sprinkle a layer of granola on top of the yogurt.
- Add a layer of fresh fruit.
- Repeat as desired.
and individual omelets in mason jars,
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Diced Ham, separated
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese. separated
- 2 Small Mason Jars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the mason jars on a baking sheet.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a glass measuring cup.
- Whisk them together until they are well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mason jars.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese and ham on top.
- Bake them for 5-10 more minutes or until they start to become solid.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and ham on top of them.
- Bake them for another 5-10 minutes or until they are solid, pulling away from the jars, and slightly browned.
- You can easily double this recipe as many times as needed.
- Be careful, these are very hot.
To create the centerpieces you will need these supplies for each centerpiece:
- 1 Balloon in desired color
- 2 Dowels
- 1″ ribbon in desired color. I used Tiffany Blue Grosgrain from English Ribbons.
- 1/4″ ribbon in desired color. I used Lux Double Satin White from English ribbons.
- 1 Decofun Bow Maker. You can buy one here.
- Pliable wire
- White card stock
- Colored card stock in your choice of color
- Cricut craft cutting machine and Cricut Design Space
- Cricut pen or marker in desired color
- Hot glue gun
- Adhesive foam squares
- Decorative flowers
- I very carefully hot glue the dowels to baskets and balloons to dowels,
- Take two 1″ inch ribbon strips up and over the balloons covering the dowels and gluing the ribbons to the basket on either side. Apply a dab of glue on top of the balloon to secure the ribbons in place.
- Use the Decofun bowmaker to create 4 small bows using the 1/4′ ribbon. Watch this video to see how easy it is.
- Glue the bows over the 1″ ribbon on the balloon as desired.
- Create the banner using your Cricut, the cardstock, the pen and this project in Cricut Design Space.
- Use adhesive foam squares to create the banner and attach it to the balloon.
- Fill the basket with flowers and arrange as desired.
The theme of this shower came from the most adorable invitations I found on Evite.
They are so sweet and can you believe they were free? I love Evite.
You can find the most adorable invitations for your next shower here.
Hopefully this gives you some fun ideas and resources for your next shower
and some yummy recipes to try.
Happy DIYing friends!