They are my friend Katrina’s “very most favorite!”
You have to admit…warm pretzels are the best!
We enjoyed our pretzels with some spicy mustard
Autie Anne Copycat Pretzels
Write a review
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp active dry yeast (2 packets)
- 6 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter , at room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour , plus an up to an additional 1/2 cup as needed
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 8 cups warm water
- coarse salt , to taste
- 6 Tbsp butter , melted
- Warm milk in a microwave safe bowl in microwave or over stove top in a small saucepan) until temperature of milk reaches 110 degrees, (about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on HIGH power).
- Pour milk and yeast into the bowl of an electric stand mixer and whisk together until yeast has dissolved.
- Let rest 5 minutes
- Add brown sugar, 4 tbsp softened butter, 1 cup flour and 2 tsp fine sea salt to milk mixture using the whisk attachment, stir until blended.
- Switch attachment to a dough hook, add remaining 3 1/2 cups flour and kneaded mixture on medium low speed until elastic. Mix in up to an additional 1/2 cup flour, as needed, until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Punch dough down several times to release any air pockets.
- Divide dough into 12 equal pieces (the easiest way to do this is to divide the dough in half, then divide the halves into halves then those and into thirds).
- Cover divided dough loosely with plastic wrap (just to prevent a dry crust from forming on the outside)
- Roll each piece out into a long, thin rope about 32 - 36 inches long. Form dough rope into a pretzel shape.
- In a large pot, whisk together baking soda and warm water and bring to a boil.
- Fully immerse each pretzel into boiling water for 20-30 seconds. Flip each pretzel over for another 20-30 seconds. Allow excess water to drip off.
- Place on a paper towel for a moment
- Move to the prepared baking sheet, reshape as needed and sprinkle to taste with coarse salt. Repeat this process with remaining dough.
- Bake pretzels in preheated oven 7 - 11 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush top and bottom of pretzels with melted butter. Serve warm with optional dipping sauce.
- You can reheat them in the microwave or a warm oven once they've cooled.
- If you would like a sweater pretzel, skip the coarse salt and use cinnamon sugar instead.
Dipping sauces I would recommend are
- nacho sauce, garlic cheese sauce, marinara sauce, or honey mustard.
- warm homemade doughnut glaze, caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
Snippets of Design https://snippetsofdesign.com/
I hope you enjoy making tasty pretzels!
Thank you for stopping by again dear friends!