This project was designed for the Beauty and the Beast Tea Party. You can find that here.
Feather Duster Cake Pops
- 20 Cake pop sticks
- Deep, narrow cup
- 1 Yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp. Pre-made frosting
- 1 Bag white candy melts
- 1 1/2 tsp, Shortening
- Bake the cake according to package directions and let it cool.
- Cut the cake into 4 sections and peel off the dry, outer layer.
- Crumble the cake in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the frosting and mix completely until it sticks together.
- Form the mixture into balls. flatten them on the bottom and point the bottoms out the side.
- Place 1/4 of the candy melts in a small bowl.
- Heat them in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted.
- Dip the tip of each cake pop stick into the melted chocolate, then into a cake pop.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and cool them in the freezer for 20 min.
- Melt the remaining chocolate at 30 sec. increments.
- Once melted, add 1 1/2 tsp Crisco shortening and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Pour the melted candy into a tall narrow cup.
- Cover a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Dip the pops into the cup. Completely cover in chocolate. Tap your wrist lightly to drip off excess.
- Place the cake pops on the parchment paper. Allow to harden.
- Add wings and bows.
- Do not swirl the cake pops out of the chocolate. Tap your wrist so that the coating stays smooth.
- Store at room temperature. The fridge is too cool and will make them sweat.
Snippets of Design https://snippetsofdesign.com/
Download the wings and cut them out by hand or by using your craft cutting machine and these instructions.
Stick them on cake pop sticks and tie a bow on each stick above them.
Serve the cake pops on a girlie, white tray like this one.